How Creative Commons work? Can’t you just use any photo from the internet? Where to find free license images for your art project? Read and find out!
A lot of photographers, artists, creative people will use photos and images they find on the web to use for their painting or upcoming art project. If you do something like this, you will break copyright law and take advantage of someone else’s intellectual property.
It doesn’t really matter if you are not going to sell your work or if you credit the source – as soon as you showcase it publicly, you will need a permission from the copyright owner. If would be really nice if you could find a website where there are stunning photos of something or somewhere and use these photos for your art project without breaking the law.
What if we say that you can do this. Thanks to the internet, there are thousands and thousands of free, high-quality photos at your disposal that come with a permission. In this article, we will show you where you can find these photos.
For a lot of photos, the copyright owners have already given a permission for their use through something known as Creative Commons License. There are various types of licenses and some of them have more restrictions than others. Before we present you the sources where you can find free license images for your art project, allow us to explain how Creative Commons work.
There are various Creative Commons licenses that an artist or a photographer can choose to assign to their work. Some of the main ones you should keep in mind are:
- Attribution – You can rework the photo and you can sell your artwork made from the photo.
- Attribution-NonCommercial – This is similar to the previous license, however, it prevents you from using your work for any commercial projects.
- Attribution-NoDerivs – You are not allowed to make any changes to the original photo.
- ShareAlike – You are agreeing to allow other people to use your work in the same way you are using the photo.
- Creative Commons Zero or Public Domain – These photos have no longer copyright attached to them.
Can’t I use any photo on the internet?
It is not okay to take a photo from Google, Instagram or Pinterest, change it and use it in your art project. Even though changes are made, there are certain rules that must be followed.
Some of the best websites where you can find free license images are:
- Pixabay – This website can offer you 1 million photos and videos and most of them are published under Creative Commons Zero License. The website is easy to browse and you can find the photo you need in a few clicks.
- Unsplash – On this website, you can find stunning photos of talented and professional photographs who publish their work under the CC0 license. There are stunning photos that are better than you will find on most premium stock photography websites.
- MorgueFile – This is a great source for high-quality and free-to-use images. They don’t use the Creative Commons Licence. Instead, they have an agreement which works in a similar way. You can use the photos for both personal and commercial purposes, but you are not allowed to change them.
You can always take better photos of your own. You don’t have to be the best photographer in the world to take great photos. With the quality of today’s cameras and smartphones, you don’t need much. All you need is an inspiration and click – you will have the perfect photo. Besides if you try those website but none of them convinced you, we recommend you to check Shopify’s free images platform, named Burst, all you need to do is to check this platform by clicking on https://burst.shopify.com/free-images
The Internet is fast becoming visual. On social media, we have seen Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest traffic skyrocket in the past few months and nearly all of them have attributed their success to image sharing. All the content that people
Did you know that something as easy as adding images on your blog post can quickly increase your subscribers, followers, leads and eventually web traffic? According to Jeff Bullas, articles with Images attract more views (of about 90%) as compared
Each day we are bombarded with hundreds of new content. Generally, this is highly discouraging, especially to bloggers since it means working harder to attract attention and have people visit their specific blogs. However, for the few who have tried